How to use skrill in online casinos
Skrill (formerly known as Moneybookers Limited) was formed in July 2001. The company was the first FCA regulated electronic money issuer in Europe and was purchased by Investcorp Technology Partners in 2007.
The site joined eBay in 2009 and was only in 2010, when the rebranding as Skrill started. In the same year, Skrill was ranked as the UK’s fastest growing private equity firm by the Sunday Times Buyout Track 100 chart.
Skrill focused on improving its brand and expanding in many regions. In 2012, the company launched Skrill 1-Tap, a market-leading single-click platform that allows for optimal conversion, in addition to friendly transactions with mobile devices.
In 2013, the company acquired Paysafecard and became the preferred choice for online payments. The company went even further in expanding its reach when it acquired Ukash in 2014 . Over the years, Skrill has had a constant growth mindset and each acquisition and improvement has been carefully calculated to improve its rankings.
Skrill a good wallet for online casinos
There are several ways currently within the market, which can be used to make these bank transactions . One that draws the most attention today is e-wallets, an option that is used quite frequently by investors and bettors.
The Skrill company is actually a platform for payments and also online receipts. Many bettors, as well as traders, use this platform in their daily lives to make deposits and withdrawals on the most diverse sites.
Skrill was founded in 2001 , on June 27, and the company’s headquarters are in London, being regulated by the FCA. Since mid-2015, Skrill’s electronic wallet has belonged to the Paysafe group, which also owns the digital walletNeteller.
The Skrill wallet offers you the facility to create an account within the platform itself, where you can take advantage of the services on the website, as well as several different forms of banking transactions.
Creating your account is extremely fast, and only takes a few minutes, as you will see below. In addition to having an extremely fast and responsive website, Skrill also offers the option for its customers to download an application developed by the platform, which is present for both Android and iOS devices.
How to create a Skrill account
It is important that you follow these steps carefully when creating your account.
- The first thing to do is to access the Skrill website, then click on the create an account button, which is in the middle of the page.
- You will be sent to the next screen, where you will enter an email and password.
- Now you just have to fill in your first name, your last name, and your date of birth, which will be requested by the platform.
- Choose the country you are living in, and also the currency you want to use in your account. It is important to remember that you will not be able to change currency after you have selected in your account.
- Then you will have to enter your address, your postal code and the city where you live. Then you will provide your mobile number so that you can create your account.
- You can verify your account through the link that will be sent to your email with a specific subject.
It seems to be simple, but it is necessary to do everything very carefully so that you can use your account with peace of mind, taking advantage of everything that the platform has to offer you the best in terms of benefits.
This is a very interesting digital wallet, as many merchants and betting sites offer this option for both deposits and withdrawals . The Largest casinos in the world are already using Skrill as a form of bank transaction.
However, it is always important that you check with the platform or online casino of your choice to make sure that this bank transfer option is available.
Depositing via Skrill in 5 steps
- For you to make your deposits, just log in to your e-wallet account and then click on deposits in the left menu of the platform itself. The electronic wallet offers several deposit options, and currently you can make them using your credit card, debit card, Bitcoin or bank transfers.
- In order to deposit your balance into an online casino, you must have a balance in your Skrill wallet. To make deposits in your wallet through credit or debit cards, you must register the card number within the platform itself. The selected deposit amount will drop into your e-wallet immediately when using the card deposit function
- Having a balance in your account, you can now start thinking about transferring it to your most used online betting platform. To do this, you must be registered on the platform and then select the deposit option from the appropriate menu.
- Because it is a completely digital wallet, all deposits are made almost immediately, being deducted from your electronic wallet at the same time. This is an extremely practical and quick way to be able to insert more balance into your account to place bets.
- You can also use your Skrill e-wallet balance to take advantage of the most diverse bonuses offered within online casinos and platforms. You can even limit the value of your portfolio to be able to create better strategies when placing your bets.
How to withdraw money from Skrill?
When the time comes to transfer the money to your bank account, Skrill offers the same options as for the deposit, as well as the same terms.
You need to only go to your account and click on the withdraw option.
You will be presented the following options for withdrawing your money from skrill:
- Bank transfer: Bank transfers take anywhere from 1 to 3 business days and cost €1.80 or the currency equivalent of the same amount.
- Payment by check:This option takes a longer time and would involve you to write a check, scan it and upload it.It is a pricier option and costs €3.50 or its equivalent value in your currency.
- The withdrawal by credit card is a fast option and is processed within 1-2 business days and costs €1.80 or the same amount in your currency.
- The maximum initial withdrawal amount is €1000 or the equivalent value in your currency.This limit is valid for a period of 90 days. However,if you use checks, you can increase this limit.
The prepaid MasterCard Skrill (Moneybookers) card is available on request. Thanks to this card, you will have access to all bank terminals where Mastercard is accepted (29 million counters) and can pay online or in stores.
Can I use skrill in online casinos from my country?
As of December 2020, you can Skrill from up to 131 countries. The casinos on this page offer bonuses if you use skrill and accept players from all these countries:
- American Samoa
- Bahamas, The
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bouvet Island
- British Virgin Islands
- Central African Republic
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Congo, Republic of the
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- Falkland Islands
- French Southern Territories
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands
- Holy See (Vatican City State)
- Hong Kong
- Ireland (Rep. Of)
- Isle of Man
- Korea, South
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- New Zealand
- Norfolk Island
- North Macedonia, Republic of
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Pitcairn Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Russian Federation
- Saint Helena
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- United States Virgin Islands
- Wallis and Futuna
- Western Sahara
Skrill pros and cons
Now let’s talk a little more about all the positives and negatives that the platform has to offer. It is important to remember that all types of bank transfer methods offered by online bookmakers have negative and positive points.
Skrill is no exception to this rule, having several incredible benefits to offer to its customers, but they also have points that may be the reason why you will choose an option other than this form of bank transaction. Check below the main negative and positive points.
Fees charged with Skrill
One of the reasons why millions of users prefer to use Skrill is because of their commitment to low fees. Setting up your Skrill account is quick, easy and best of all, it’s free. You can use your Skrill wallet to pay at a retailer or online with no fees attached . Just make sure that the selected store or merchant accepts the payment option. All the money you receive through your Skrill account is free and most of the methods used to send funds to your Skrill account are free, those that are not free have only a small fee attached to it and it is clearly stated and displayed on your site. If you want to send money to another address, a fee of 1.9% will be charged on the amount sent. The latter is limited to 20 €.
Any transaction involving currency conversion will have a 3.99% fee added to the wholesale exchange rates. These fees vary and it should be noted that the fee will be without any notification to you as a user. Other than that, Skrill is mostly free and perfectly profitable. The only time you will have to start paying for your Skrill account is when you have not logged in or made a transaction within 12 months. If this is the case, you will be charged a service fee of around € 3, which will be deducted from your monthly funds. So, if you are not planning to use your e-wallet regularly, it may not be the best option for you.
Skrill customer service
Skrill is not only loved by millions of users because of the convenience of payment; They are also preferred because of their transparency. The website is easy to use and contains all the vital information that a user may need. In addition to an incredibly detailed website, they also offer excellent support service. On your website, there is a search bar where you can type your query for immediate answers. For your convenience, they also have sections of popular topics in which they answer the most frequently asked questions in detail. This section contains answers on bills, payments, security and prepaid queries. Each topic has a few different categories listed below, which will direct you to the answers you may require.
If you prefer to contact them, you can always direct your questions to them through their social media sites that include Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter . If you want to chat in one with your excellent call center team, get in touch by phone or email. VIP users will have their own personal contact number that they can dial for instant service.
Is it safe to use Skrill?
One of the biggest advantages of using a Skill wallet is that it adds extra layers of protection to your financial information. One of the biggest concerns about frequent online shoppers or gamblers is the security of their confidential information. Skrill makes use of a secure payment that makes shopping, gambling and paying online for breeze. When paying via Skrill, your bank and card details are kept safe. You will only need to provide your email address and password to pay. Any and all information transmitted by Skrill is made using SSL digital encryption technologies of the highest standards. Your data will not be readable, even if someone can access it.
Skrill users and their security are the highest priority, which is why Skrill users can use Google Authenticator , which is another layer of additional protection. With this two-factor authentication app, you will have to enter a code from your phone next to your email and password. This means that even if someone is able to access your data, they will not be able to make any transactions unless they have their phone at hand to enter the eleven code.
Using Skrill is not only easy and convenient when shopping, but also due to the wide variety of accepted payment options . You can fund your Skrill account with credit or debit cards worldwide, including local and international card types, such as Amex, MasterCard, Maestro, Laser, Carte Bleue, CartaSi and Postepay. You can also fund your Skrill account with transfers directly from your bank account. This is only applicable if the bank account is in your name. The main paid payment options are free.
If you upload funds using methods like Rapid, Bitcoin, SoFort, Neteller, Visa or Swift, a transaction fee may be charged. The deposit of funds via American Express, Diners, JCB or Paysafecard is also charged with a fee. Finally, all withdrawals come with a fee attached and these can be processed via bank transfer, Visa or Swift.
Skrill is a digital wallet that stands out from the competition, largely thanks to the determination that the parent company of the platform has in providing an extremely practical and secure transfer service around the world.
Skrill gives you, in the act of sending money to your account on an online betting platform, all the necessary peace of mind to do this safely. This is a company that offers diverse solutions to people from all corners of the world.
Currently, the largest online betting platforms rely on this method of bank transfer available in their casinos. Some platforms even offer incredible and exclusive bonuses to their users who use Skrill as a form of deposit.
In addition, you also have the option of making use of cryptocurrencies, which shows the company’s full commitment to global economic development through blockchain technology.
125% upto €240
100 on Starburst
125% upto €250
100 on Starburst
125% upto €200
100 on Starburst
125% upto €500
100 on Starburst
125% upto €500
100 on Starburst